Friday, September 25, 2015

Week 9 Assignment 3

I have always been a life-long lover of all things literary so I was excited to just on the Be More Bookish wagon. My biggest take-away from this are focusing on appeal factors. My goal is to commit these factors to memory so I can just launch into them when I am working with customers. The most frequent question I ask is "What was the last book you read and what did you like about it?" More often than not, customers will say they liked the fast-pace or historical setting. Another aspect was introducing typical fiction readers to narrative nonfiction. The first guinea pig I am using is me! I always HATED nonfiction, but I have found a love in narrative-nonfiction. I with have to remember narrative nonfiction in the future when I recommend book. I think I will feel more comfortable after I read a few myself. Overall, this program has been exceptionally helpful and I liked putting my thoughts into blog...as long as I can be my friendly, sarcastic self. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment